Sturgeon County's Dust Suppression Program can help reduce the impact of dust on residential properties.
When you sign up for this program, the County will apply calcium or oil to the County roadway adjacent to the applicant's property.
Dust Suppression Application Forms are now available
Earlybird Deadline: April 15, 2019
The 2019 Dust Suppression application is available here
Application forms received between April 16 and May 17 are subject to an additional $100 late fee
Application forms will not be accepted after May 17, 2019
Calcium-First 100m (subsidized) : $405; Each Additional 10m is $118
NEW Oil Option: Subject to site inspection.
**Residents choosing this option will be required to sign a fact sheet on oil dust suppression treatment.**
|Basic Application (100m)
|Additional application (to a maximum of 100m extra)
|| $494.00 (per 10m)
|Late fee (April 16 - May 17)
Important Information About Dust Suppression
- The first 100 metres of dust suppression per resident is subsidized. All dust suppression beyond the basic 100 metre application will be charged at FULL COST to a maximum of an extra 100 metres (as per Sturgeon County Policy Dust Suppression 2019, approved March 26, 2019).
- There is no guarantee to the length of life of the calcium treatment.
- Oil treatment will be guaranteed until Dec. 31st of the same year installed (one season).
- Approval for the Oil treatment is subject a site inspection by Transportation Services. Some restrictions may apply.
- Sturgeon County, at its sole discretion, may undertake work on any treated areas to maintain a safe driving surface.
For more information, contact Sturgeon County Transportation Services at 780-939-8252 or toll free at 1-866-939-9303.