100-Year Farm Family - Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
Your family may be eligible for the 100 Year Farm Family Award if you are actively farming the same land owned by your family for 100 years or more. How do you know if you qualify?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Has your land been owned by the same family for at least one hundred consecutive years?
- Are you a direct descendant of the original homesteader?
- Is your family actively farming the land currently?
- Do you reside on the original homestead quarter?
- Do you have complete documentation and ownership records to verify family history
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then submit your application and documentation to Sturgeon County by January 31, 2019.
Presentations will be made at the Sturgeon Proud Awards Night in April 2019.
For more information call Jen Beazer at 780-939-8349.
Excellence in Agriculture Award
Sturgeon County’s Excellence in Agriculture Award recognizes innovation or environmental leadership by those involved in a grain, cattle or mixed farming operation, or business or community group that serves the agricultural sector in Sturgeon County.
Nominate local individuals, producers, businesses, or community groups who demonstrate either of the following in their operations:
- Innovation: Developed a unique solution for an existing challenge or opportunity in the agricultural sector – be it a physical technology, new approach to problem solving, communication or marketing, or the building or improvement of partnerships.
- Environmental Leadership: Achieved by enhancing environmental quality and minimizing impacts, or through the promotion of environmental stewardship to others.
The deadline for nominations is January 31, 2018.
Nomination forms are available here.